Beauty Talk | Cleaning My Air Puffs

Wednesday 12 November 2014
I still got lots of drawings to be finished for this week's assignment but my room is in a total mess and there's not a cell in my body wanna get up from this bed and do some cleaning but as much as I want to ignore my room right now, I can't ignore my air puffs as I realized this morning it's too dirty to be used. I think I haven't washed them like 2 months! I know. I know. 




So yeah, dreading the fact that I need to wash them for like an hour and I used like 3 different facial cleansers like the last time I did, this time I found another way to wash them easier.




The other day I used my air puffs to apply my liquid foundation (just experimenting on different puffs) and there were some of it on my fingers, which resulted the mess on the white areas. As you can see above right, yes. It's been a while. 



How do I do this is first, get a mini plastic bag, and I got a lot from Daiso to store my beauty samples and whatnot. Got zippers and pretty much durable for light items. Next is to pour in the cleansing oil. As the Laneige BB Cushion is a waterproof product, of course I need a cleansing oil. 




Then, instead of rubbing endlessly under running water and I had to add facial cleansers as I always feel it's insufficient, this time I just massage the puff while they're inside the plastic

Used my thumb and index finger to massage until the BB Cushion melted or emulsified by the cleansing oil. Look at the plastic! 

After like 5 minutes, just rinse the puff under running water




Even so, after I dry them using tissues, I saw it's not really that clean as I thought it should be so I decided to go for another round. 




Repeating the whole process again but this time with slightly less cleansing oil and (below photo) after I dried them (don't mind the tissues at the back as I used them twice) I can see that it's better than after the first round. ^______^




I don't know if you're using this method to wash your air puffs but for me this is waaaaayyyy better than before. I just used like 5 to 6 pumps of cleansing oil for the whole process and I'm sure it'll require less than that if I do them more often. 




So, that's it! What do you think of this method? Do you have other method that I should try? Let me know!

Until next post, annyeong~
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature