Review | Crabtree & Evelyn Evelyn Rose Mini Collection

Sunday 19 January 2014
Hello, lovelies! How's your weekend so far? Hope you guys are spending great quality time with your loved ones! :D

Yesterday, me and mom bought a new Pavilion 20 All-in-One Computer from HP (I bought one sometime in October last year and mom said she wanted it too.. hehe) in Suria Sabah, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and we got this (I'm assuming) Christmas Set from Crabtree & Evelyn, the Evelyn Rose line.


I honestly never been to this store before as I'm all about Korean and Japanese brands for skincare and as  for body care, I would go to The Body Shop and on those times when I'm on budget, Watsons.

So when I got this, the first thing that came out of my mouth was (of course thank you) and "So English!".
I promise I didn't mean to offend anyone and if you know me personally, I'm totally into English stuffs as in Victorian era stuffs, watching English dramas and of course, English Tea Time. Who doesn't love watching girls with big dresses and proper etiquette plus perfect grammar? Now  want to read Jane Austen books again. :)

Anyway, before moving on to the review, I'm going to give a little bit of info that I got from the Official Malaysian website.

Evelyn Rose, the delicately re-engineered, the luxury of the original scent has been infused with crisp airiness. Retaining the sophisticated allure which made Evelyn Rose an immediate classic, the updated fragrance is a softer, fresher reflection of the rose created for Crabtree & Evelyn by David Austin (a renowned rose expert) two decades ago.

Packaging:

Upon opening the beautiful sturdy box, you'll be greeted with this emblem from the brand. Wow. So classy!



There are three items included, from the Hand Care Collection, the Evelyn Rose Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy, Evelyn Rose Bath and Shower Gel, and Evelyn Rose Body Lotion. 

First, the Ultra-Moisturising Hand Therapy 25g.

 

Now that a very long list of ingredient! Open the image in a new tab to see the list clearly. 

Wow! Once opened this is good for another 24 months! 

 

Beautifully soften and enrich your hands with our award-winning, shea butter-rich Hand Therapy formulated with ceramides 3 and 6II to reduce moisture loss while promoting your skin's hydration level. Conditioning rose extracts help leave hands noticeably smoother and more supple with each use.

The moment I opened the cap of the tube, the rose scent filled the air and it's so calming! The product is housed within that pink tube. So feminine and classy!

The lotion is so nice as it doesn't leave me with stickiness or anything, quickly absorbed into my skin and the scent still lingers even after few hours! Ah~ 

Retail Price: RM78 ( for full size of 100g)

next, is the Evelyn Rose Bath and Shower Gel 50ml. 
  

Once opened, this can be used (though it'll be finish soon, hehe) for 36 months!

  

Discover a beautiful way to both cleanse and pamper your skin with our Evelyn Rose Bath & Shower Gel. Its gentle formula and conditioning rose extracts help soften the skin, while the luxurious and ultra-feminine fragrance will beautifully linger throughout the day.

It's actually a thick transparent gel body wash that smells like the hand cream, of course like rose. But this one is a little bit more refreshing. It's really nice as it's not really overpowering once I lather it up on my body.

Retail Price: RM115 (full size of 250ml)
Last but not least, the Evelyn Rose Body Lotion 50ml.


 

Did I mentioned how I love the minimalist packaging? Especially this one, it's a light rose colour with the emblem printed on it. Just my style. 

The body lotion is a little bit lighter in terms of its consistency compared to the hand cream. It's basically has the same scent like the shower gel and my usual routine would be smoothing my body lotion right after shower to make the scent last longer. This one too isn't sticky at all and just nice as it absorbed into my skin rather quickly. 

Final verdict: 5/5. Perfect for traveling, or just in my purse, especially the hand cream, and this is absolutely lovely if you're looking for gifts for relatives especially during the festive season. 

This set is actually in its old packaging so do check out their website to see the new packaging which is nicer. hehe well, that's my oppinon, though.

So I guess, that's all for the review, do share if you have tried this brand, or this particular product, tell me what do you think and do share if you have tried similar, better or cheaper options. 

I'll see you guys next post! 

Au revoir!



Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature